One cup butter
- In a large bowl, mix the Bisquick and butter with a fork till it's a nice crumbly mass
- Add the boiling hot water and knead the mix into a soft dough
- Lower layer: Use a little more than half the dough to line a nine or ten-inch baking dish. Pat the dough with your fingers so that there is a consistent layer of dough, ideally a millimeter thick
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place the dish in the freezer for about ten minutes, then place in the oven to bake the pie crust for 15 minutes
- Upper layer: Given the crumbly nature of a good pie crust, it's tough to manage the "lid." I figured out a little trick today. Lay a tin foil on the dish before putting it in the oven and tap it so you have the diameter of dish. Then knead out the dough so it is set up as a nice consistently thick layer that's the absolute right size. When it's time, you can slowly roll over the lid onto the pot pie!
Two cups chopped leftover turkey
One cup diced carrots
One cup leftover gravy
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl, then ladle it into the baked pie crust
- Roll the lid on, then place the pie in the oven to cook for about twenty-five minutes
- Take out, let cool (maybe on a window-sill) slice and enjoy!