In our informal dinner parties, I tend to whip up some dishes. But inevitably, I get asked why I didn't serve a dish I've blogged about. Of course, each person has their personal favorite, but I'd love to hear from you. Which of the following do you think I should make at my next dinner party? Click on the poll to the right - choose up to two dishes.
Here are the links to the dishes I'm referring to in the poll:
- Uppumma: Made famous by our friend Chef Floyd Cardoz when he won the Top Chef Masters, this is my version of a South Indian favorite not usually available in any restaurants.
- Easy Peasy Garbanzo Curry: You'll see this described as Channa Masala in restaurant menus, and I've found that it's a staple in our home for those easy weekend dinners when you'd like to dawdle over the food and conversation.
- Chicken Biriyani: An aromatic rice and chicken dish that can serve as an elegant centerpiece to a stylish meal or hardy complete meal for a family on the run.
- Cutlets, Indian-style: Chicken or turkey patties, spiced just right. I'll make them the low-fat way.
- Vegetable Korma: A savory medley of vegetables in a rich sauce, with a rather royal heritage since the dish was first served in royal dining rooms
Thanks for being part of my party planning, folks!