Honey and other goodies at Health Nuts store

One of my fave stores on the UWS is the understated Heath Nuts store on 98th and Broadway. I remember being ecstatic to have them around when we discovered the multitude of allergies my daughter had. It's a cornucopia of gluten-free, corn-free and soy-free foods - the perfect antidote to Big Food! One of the big hits at home was the Raw Honey from Pennsylvania Apiaries that D&I picked up there recently.

I'd always been challenged with the kiddies on the honey front. They didn't enjoy the processed ones I'd buy at the grocery. This Alfalfa Honey, on the other hand, is officially a "disappearing food", i.e., I look away for a second and it's gone. With more texture than store-bought honey and a gentle sweet taste, I use the honey in my morning coffee...yes, it's amazing...and the kids plaster their pancakes in it. See more about the Apiary here at their Facebook page- they don't seem to have an easily discoverable website. Better yet, swing by Health Nuts and snag a few bottles for yourself. I'm thinking of a honey basted lamb later...more on that soon!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very good article. I definitely appreciate this site.
Stick with it!
Visit my homepage ... is phen375 safe